threading and multicore on the "free" lisps -- any unified interface similar to CFFI for FFI?
- From: AJ Rossini <blindglobe@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all -
Is there any package that provides (or plans to provide) a general
interface to threaded or similar parallel-execution technologies (user
space message passing or user-space shared-mem) with the generality
being across the "free" lisps (I'd include things like the personal
editions from commercial vendors, since I'd like to be able to check
these as needed)?
My current guess is that bordeaux-threads would be the best starting
point, but is anyone aware of a currently maintained package which
might be relevant in particular for multicore architectures? (it
looks like it's been dormant for a bit).
Any pointers welcome!
- Prev by Date: Re: input
- Next by Date: Re: PLOT: A non-parenthesized, infix Lisp!
- Previous by thread: with-parametrized-formulas (macro style question)
- Next by thread: Re: threading and multicore on the "free" lisps -- any unified interface similar to CFFI for FFI?