Re: How can we ignore about defconstant when compiling

Elvis Nguyen <nvntung@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

The constant BIOLOGICAL-DATA-MODEL:+META-TOOL-FILE+ is being
redefined (from
"/home/nvntung/stage/project/DATA/mito-muscle-R10Rev-2.dat" to
"/home/nvntung/stage/project/DATA/mito-muscle-R10Rev-2.dat")
[Condition of type DEFCONSTANT-UNEQL]

As others have suggested, you probably want to use DEFPARAMETER or
DEFVAR. But if you really want to define it as a constant, have a look
at Alexandria's DEFINE-CONSTANT.

<http://common-lisp.net/project/alexandria/>

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/

  • Re: pcl: is LIST the same as ?
    ... | USER> *blah* ... I think the intention for the defvar behaviour is that you would ... typically use it in a source file to provide an initial value for the ... But I think perhaps it would be wise for people to use defparameter ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: symbol-value returns lexical value?
    ... > defparameter and defvar establish name as a dynamic variable. ... You don't have lexical variables involved. ... things defined by DEFVAR and DEFPARAMETER are proclaimed ... I tried to get global lexicals into the language, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: The Hyperspec and portability between Common Lisp compilers (long)
    ... > Why don't you just use defvar or defparameter when it turns out that ... defconstant conveys information to the ... Common Lisp compiler gives you regarding the use of defconstant versus ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Applying a function to a list of functions
    ... (defparameter alpha #'alpha-char-p) ... (defun pjb-or (&rest args) ... You don't need to use FUNCTION on LAMBDA. ... Note the difference between DEFVAR and DEFPARAMETER: ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: uninterned symbols
    ... Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk writes: ... the first argument of defvar or defparameter is not evaluated ... IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The entire physical universe, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)