Re: Why is LISP, Python the hackers

fortunatus <daniel.eliason@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The point Norvig was making in the slides wasn't that there weren't
these functions (HTTP, threads, etc) in libraries and extensions, but
that the libraries & extensions are not standardized.

With Java, PERL, Python there is only one library commonly used (for
each), so you can hire a new programmer and be pretty sure they
already know the syntax of the library, as well as the associated
patterns of use.

lol

Python? urllib, urllib2, twisted.http, twisted.http2, etc, etc

There are probably twice as many for Perl.

And this is a good thing.

If we all decided there was one way to do anything then we'd never
invent a better way of doing it.

That's being lazy.
.

Quantcast