Re: Very simple question -- CLOS for the GCL?

On Feb 1, 12:05 am, "Antti \"Andy\" Ylikoski" <antti.yliko...@xxxxxx>
wrote:
Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
On Jan 31, 4:22 pm, "Antti \"Andy\" Ylikoski" <antti.yliko...@xxxxxx>
wrote:
The version of the GNU Common LISP that I'm currently using in my PC
does not have the Common LISP Object System.

Does there exist a version of the GCL that contains the CLOS, or has
somebody written a CLOS system for the GCL?

Antti Ylikoski
Helsinki Univ of Tech
Helsinki, Finland, the EU
Is there any specific advantage of using an GCL while there is a ton
of an implementations both OSS and commercial ones that implement full
ANSI Common Lisp standard together with many other useful features?

Bobi

Thank you for the information -- now could you mention here in the
newsgroup those -- a ton of -- full ANSI Common LISP implementations --
or maybe better, some interesting ones among them.

I'm not a LISP aficionado.

regards, Antti Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.
Try this http://tourdelisp.blogspot.com/2009/02/learning-common-lisp.html

Slobodan

  • Re: [OT] Survey, just for the fun of it
    ... Hometown: Helsinki, Finland ... Live now (city, country): Helsinki, Finland ... Favorite subjectin school: Swedish/literature ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Lisp vs. Java vs. C++ speed comparison time? [LONG]
    ... too in testing the recent GCL 2.6.2 release. ... It is clear for example that CMUCL is doing a better job on ... This is not simply bundled into compile-file as it is capable of ... In the same Common Lisp environment I get ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Change List View Sort Order
    ... It helps if you list the KB articles you've already checked! ... >> Mike Walsh, Helsinki, Finland ...
  • Re: Common Lisp Implementations: A Survey
    ... Daniel Weinreb wrote: ... What platforms do they run on? ... There's also a glossary of terms, a table of some major Common Lisp ... GCL is not deader than usual. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: A Total Lack of Sense of Scale
    ... coast we have plenty of people, plenty of industries, etc. ... Then there's Len Deighton's description of Finland: ... Helsinki is a well-ordered provincial town where it never ceases to ... out there under the snow and ice. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)