Re: Getting more information about file errors

On Jul 1, 4:38 pm, p...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
Unfortunately, conditions are somewhat underspecified in Common Lisp.
To the point they're almost useless, for automatic processing or

FWIW, in Java also there's a single exception type to signal all
"could not open file" situations, and it's even misnamed
( A richer set of conditions - file
does not exist, permission denied, others? - would be nice to have,
but you can't go too deep in detail without creating lots of OS-
specific conditions.

Relevant Pages

  • [HPADM] Re: SUMMARY - java too many open files
    ... It looks like java is very inefficiaent in closing ... a new server which had a minor release ... How do we find why java is not closing files and how ... I think these are the entires for open file. ...
  • Trouble with Java for Max OS X 10.5 Update 3
    ... The Update "Java for Mac OS X 10.5 ... A networking error has occurred: Cannot open file ...
  • Java apps + autodesk Autocad
    ... I am writing a java application to launch autocad executable and send commands (open file, save file) to this autocad executable instance.... ...