Re: Error when use the ASDF

Yongwei Xing <jdxyw2004@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi all

I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall.
When I run the command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error

[1]> (load "~/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp")
Upgrading ASDF package to version 2.111

*** - READ from
#<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
#P"/home/jdxyw/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp" @727>
: #<PACKAGE POSIX> has no external symbol with name "UID"
The following restarts are available:
ABORT :R1 Abort main loop

Does anyone meet it before?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 Clisp 2.48

This is strange, on linux, clisp has a function named POSIX:UID.

The only way you'd be missing them is if the distributor (Ubuntu)
explicitely removed the syscalls module when compiling clisp.

In any case, the best is to compile one's tools oneself.

Fetch clisp sources (2.49 while you're at it), and compile them
yourself, so that you know what goes in.

  • cl-ironclad woes
    ... so I'm a bit sketchy on the basics. ... I've CLISP going on Ubuntu and the latest ironclad installed under asdf, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: CLISP bignum performance.
    ... Frase "CLISP has very fast bignum processing" is frequently repeated, ... Be sure to compile all the forms in your program and try to time only ... usually quite time consuming and could change timing in undesired way. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Using Emacs Lisp for script writing
    ... clisp -C will have the load form compiled, ... compile it again. ... the substitution strings, possibly repeated. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Multiple Lisp Implementations and ASDF
    ... I have been mainly using CLISP on Win32 for a while now. ... up ASDF as my packaging system and it works ... installing SBCL on Win32. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Multiple Lisp Implementations and ASDF
    ... I have been mainly using CLISP on Win32 for a while now. ... up ASDF as my packaging system and it works ... FAS files will not load. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)