Re: Quicklisp beginner question

On 9.6.2011 15:30, Petter Gustad wrote:
Antti J Ylikoski<antti.ylikoski@xxxxxx> writes:

I have a Quicklisp beginner question. After I have loaded a system,
e. g. with (ql:quickload "l-math"), how can I get access to the
documentation of the system?

How do you get access to the documentation when you're not using
QuickLisp? Or are you looking for the location of the actual
downloaded files in order to search for documentation there? Then you
could start by locating the result of:

What are you saying? "Access to the documentation when you're not using QuickLisp?" I implied I already have downloaded and installed Quicklisp, and my question specifically asks for advice concerning the status that the user has the Quicklisp in his/her use (I BTW use the SBCL, the SLIME and the GNU Emacs. XEMACS has annoying bugs. Clozure is very, very good but I prefer the SBCL.)

Andy

(asdf:component-relative-pathname (asdf:find-system "l-math"))

//Petter

  • Re: Quicklisp beginner question
    ... Antti J Ylikoski writes: ... I'm not quite sure if you're looking for the actual description string ... of the system, the documentation strings provided with the functions, ... not using QuickLisp. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Meta-Circular Adventures in Functional Abstraction - Challenging Idiomatic Functional Pr
    ... good practice items to prepare a system for distribution with quicklisp ... and documentation with quickdoc, so that authors can set correctly and ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Quicklisp beginner question
    ... Petter Gustad writes: ... How do you get access to the documentation when you're not using ... QuickLisp? ... downloaded files in order to search for documentation there? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Package documentation strings.
    ... Until I started working on Quicklisp, ... :documentation was even available as an option to defpackage. ... And I didn't realize it until I saw it in your package :-) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Quicklisp beginner question
    ... Antti J Ylikoski writes: ... How do you get access to the documentation when you're not using ... QuickLisp? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)