Re: php-4.3.4-Win + Apache2 + XP

From: Perry Lewis (pnllan_at_swbell.net)
Date: 03/04/04

Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:29:39 GMT

I run a nearly identical configuration for AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP).

Cut down on some of the confusion you are experiencing, I will email you
what you need to do.

Much easier than you might think.

"Ad Astra" <adastra@cwnet.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> I checked the error_log and did NOT find a line like this:
>
> {Tue Mar 2 10:00:00 2004] [notice] Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) PHP/4.3.4
> configured
>
> Per Julie Meloni's book, such a message would tell me that "PHP is
> happily cohabiting with Apache" (i.e., is successfully installed).
>
> Because I did not see that kind of message, I am assuming that PHP is
> not "happily cohabiting with Apache," that it is not installed, and
> that I do not have the correct path(s) delineated.
>

> QUESTIONS
>
> Here are my questions:
> (1) Is it true that the problem is a path problem?
> (2) If so, what would the correct path(s) be?
> (3) Where do the above-noted DLL files, the EXE file, and the INI file
> need to be located to fulfill all of the stated requirements? These
> requirements include: (a) that these files be findable by the programs
> that require them, and (b) that these files be located within my
> Program Files directory so that I myself can find them and easily
> launch them.
> (4) Is it necessary to have the DLL and EXE and INI files exist
> redundantly in any of the locations indicated? If so, which and
> where?
> (5) Are there serious potential problems with such redundancies? If
> so, could you please tell me which instances of these copied files I
> should definitely remove?
>

> SYSTEM TREE (as relevant to current installation)
>
> * Desktop
> * * My Computer
> * * * C:
> * * * * mysql [etc. files and folders]
> * * * * php-4.3.4-Win32
> -php4apache2.dll
> -php4apache.dll
> -php4ts.dll
> -php.exe
> -php.ini
> -[etc. files]
> * * * * * cli
> -php.exe
> * * * * * [etc. folders]
> * * * * * sapi
> -php4apache2.dll
> -php4apache.dll
> -php4ts.dll
> -php.exe
> -php.ini
> -[etc.files]
> * * * * Program Files
> * * * * * Apache Group
> * * * * * * Apache2
> * * * * * * * conf [etc. folders]
> * * * * * * * - httpd.conf [etc. files]
> * * * * WINDOWS
> * * * * * system
> -php4apache2.dll
> -php4apache.dll
> -php4ts.dll
> -php.exe
> -php.ini
> * * * * * system32
> -php4apache2.dll
> -php4apache.dll
> -php4ts.dll
> -php.exe
> -php.ini
>
> Thank you very much for whatever assistance you can provide.

Relevant Pages

  • php-4.3.4-Win + Apache2 + XP
    ... I am completely new to PHP and am finding installation the most ... I am doing a manualinstall of PHP. ... I have put DLLs in various places so that they "can ... Is it the Apache2 server? ...
    (alt.php)
  • php-4.3.4-Win + Apache2 + XP
    ... I am completely new to PHP and am finding installation the most ... I am doing a manualinstall of PHP. ... I have put DLLs in various places so that they "can ... Is it the Apache2 server? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Apache2 and Debian
    ... Apache2 has /var/www as the root of the web server. ... All I'm getting from any php files is the HTML; ... So it's a configuration problem. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: PHP5 scripts not served by apache2 on Squeeze
    ... I have a fresh install of apache2 and php on my server and I can not get php to work, php-scripts are not executed by apache, just the plain script is served to the browser. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: php-4.3.4-Win + Apache2 + XP
    ... I run a nearly identical configuration for AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP). ... > to undertake the installation of mySQL after PHP is successfully ... Is it the Apache2 server? ...
    (comp.lang.php)