Re: Flash version of phpMyAdmin

From: Savut (webki_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:06:10 -0500

Page are divised because it's aimed to keep webpage small, what if you had
30000 records, will you load them all just because you want to edit one row.
But anyway, I am not starting a fight, your relationnal feature is
excellent, it would be a pain to do it in html. Euh, what I mean faster, is
not about loading data, what i mean is displaying, The time flash use to
display the data in the interface and recreate the objects and all, it take
much more time that html plain text in browser. That's the point, unless you
use phpMyAdmin on a slow server, but on intranet the time it take to
generate a new page is only less than half a seconde, this is pretty faster
than the time is take for the flash to just display the data. But what is
really good is the drag & drop workspace and the low bandwidth comsomming.

Savut

"Darren Gates" <removethisg8z@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Regardless of whether one feels that frames or Flash is evil or not...
> there
> are many things that can be done in Flash that are simply *impossible* (or
> at least, REALLY hard) to implement using HTML.
>
> I present to you the "relationships building" tool in phpFlashMyAdmin...
> how
> would this be done using phpMyAdmin (with InnoDB tables)? Well, you could
> certainly could use "alter table" SQL syntax, but that's a pain to do over
> and over for every change. Then, to delete or alter the relationship, you
> must also use SQL... why not simply drag and drop the relationships
> visually
> and instantaneously? By using Flash, creating and modifying foreign key
> relationships among tables (and thus enforcing so-called "referential
> integrity") is WAY easier than by executing SQL.
>
> As far as speed goes... how is it that loading 40 KB of HTML is faster
> than
> information that phpMyAdmin must load with *every* page refresh)...
> granted,
> Flash must parse the XML and load the data into a component, but the time
> needed for that is quite trivial.
>
> And then there are the page refreshes... After I've accessed the 15th page
> of a recordset and edited some number of records using phpMyAdmin, I'm
> nearly about to pull my hair out waiting for pages to refresh!
> phpFlashMyAdmin elminates page refreshes completely.
>
> "Savut" <webki@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Flash is more evil as it use third party. There is a lot more browsers
>> supporting frames than flash (~75% only) in the world.
>> Secondo, for timed task, HTML users has been proven to be 40% faster than
>> the flash version.
>>
>> But still a good project, it may lead to something good later.
>>
>> Savut
>>
>> "Paul Taylor" <pftaylor@technocurve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > IMHO frames are far more evil than Flash.
>> >
>> > Paul Taylor

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Could flash memory replace DVD/Hard Drives if this pans out?
    ... more so than HTML 5. ... online services are stretching script to its limits, ... HTML 5 does pose security risks. ... Flash, Acrobat Reader ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Home page
    ... the flash buttons use the embed tag. ... Dreamweaver has put the MacroMedia Flash stuff into HTML ... Browsers, including Browsers that don't conform to the Standards. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: [Tiger] Welcher Web-Testserver
    ... Und derartige Tricksereien braucht man bei HTML und CSS ja gar ... vielen Nachteilen steht bei Flash ... Die umfangreichen Nachteile ... ... hat IMHO einiges am WWW nicht wirklich verstanden. ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.internet)
  • Re: Vexille
    ... using Flash to create a fairly unique UI. ... If we try different things perhaps we'll find a BETTER way of designing web sites, regardless of the technology used to build them. ... You can scale everything without breaking the layout (which is not easy to do in HTML as you cannot scale images). ... I'm not a techie, I'm a designer. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Vexille
    ... using Flash to create a fairly unique UI. ... The whole point of HTML was that it was designed ... the web every time I visit a new site because this designer thought it ... At least I look at all technologies, ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)