Re: PHP passing variable (help)

From: Mark Kuiphuis (maluka_at_remove_this.koekeloekoe.nl)
Date: 04/08/04

Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:31:30 +0200

Basically passing parameters is very very simple from one page to the
other page!!

First the POST (where you need a <FORM>)

page1.php

---
<form method="post" action="page2.php">
<input type="hidden" name="parameter1" value="value1">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
---
page2.php
---
<?php
	$parameter1 = $_POST["parameter1"];
	echo "Parameter1 = $parameter1";
?>
Parameter 1 = value1 will be shown in the browser!
--
GET is also possible, but I never use that in a form because then I will
see a list with parameters in the Address bar and you are limited to a
certain length of the parameterstring
Passing parameters by url.
Page1.php
---
	<head></head>
		Link
--
page2.php
--
Jason wrote:
> I think I have no clue of what I am doing.  Well I know that is the case,
> but here is what I am attempting to do.  Pass one variable to another page.
>
> Running under RH 9, php version 4.2.2
> In this snip of code I pull information out from a mysql db and create a
> variable of   NOp_tckid from  ($row['tckid']).
>
> <?
>      echo '<p><strong>'.($i+1).'. Ticket #';
>      echo stripslashes($row['tckid']);
> $NOp_tckid = ($row['tckid']);
>      echo '<br /> Test to see if $NOP_tckid works ';
>      echo  "$NOp_tckid";
> ?>
> The above part works fine.
>

> I then am trying to push that variable to another page.  by using:
> <form method="post" action="net_ops_approve.php">
>
> <input type="submit" name="submit">
>
> I don't know of any other way to do it.
>
> On the net_ops_approve.php page the variable $NOp_tckid does not make it.  I
> use the below code to verify it.
>
> <?
>  echo '<p><strong>'.($i+1).'. Ticket #';
>      echo "$NOp_tckid";
>      print "$NOp_tckid";
>      echo '<br />';
> ?>
>
> Does anyone know how to correct this.
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance you are willing to proved.

Relevant Pages