PHP5 on Windows - Problems with Extensions

From: Alfie (faulknerandy_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/23/04

Date: 23 Jul 2004 08:02:24 -0700

I am running a clean, new install of Apache 2 and PHP5 on Windows XP
Pro.

The server and PHP both work fine, I can serve pages and a test script
with phpinfo() in it works as expected.

However, my extensions do not work.

I have uncommented the extension=php_mysql.dll line in PHP.INI.

I have set extension_dir = "c:/PHP/ext" - which is definitely where
the php_mysql.dll file is located.

When I start Apache I get the following error message twice:

"PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'c:/PHP/ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found."

That file is definitely in that directory as expected...

Andy ideas gratefully received.

Alfie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... This is assuming that the PHP script runs ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... Apache as the global web server user and thus needs world write ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... can run asp on Apache, ... in running php from IIS vs Apache. ...
    (alt.php)