ASP to PHP Conversion (x-posted)

From: Wayfarer (website_at_bottom.com)
Date: 10/02/04

Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:44:20 -0400

x-posted

Hi,

Please pardon the crossposting, but I'm new to PHP and I didn't take the
time to see which newsgroup would be best suited to this request.

In an attempt to enter the sweet air of open source by leaving the Dark
Side (aka Micro$oft), I'd like to convert an existing classic ASP
website to PHP. I've seen asp2php and, for a Windoze person like me,
I've had a terrible time figuring out how to use it, much less set up
some kind of batch conversion so I can just let it loose on an entire
multi-directory project locally much like the ASP to ASP.NET Migration
Assistant.

It has to be freeware and run under Win XP.

Can anyone help me, or am I beyond help entirely (at least in this
respect)?

Thanks,
Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

Relevant Pages

  • Persistent global variable?
    ... Are there something like a `Persistent global variable` in PHP? ... It is something like `Application` in the classic ASP, all the request ... and the die after a timeout. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Securing an Email script
    ... request to our sales office. ... Since you do ZERO checking on the values it's nothing BUT security ... very powerful PHP function to validate form fields and other ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • How best to show PHP source? (was: One page, multiple submit buttons)
    ... script to add to the top of a PHP script to enable showing its ... Maybe anybody submitting their own PHP code for critique here ... Anything posted to a newsgroup is a "snapshot" of what the ... there ought to be a FAQ for this ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Object Oriented Content System - the idea
    ... >I expected php to be smarter then that. ... >form like bytecode in memory for the next request. ... each action added some stuff to a "response" XML document. ... that map/object/data and formats it for HTML display using an includeed PHP ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Any PHP Anti-Spam cron scripts available?
    ... What does this have to do with PHP programming? ... Try an email newsgroup. ... Try reading the charter for this newsgroup sometime. ... comp.lang.php PHP, server side scripting. ...
    (comp.lang.php)