newbie zend license question

From: 7 (website_has_email_at_www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 12/06/04

Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:17:01 GMT

Newbie here trying out php first time.

Just haven't found a definitive answer about the true nature of
PHP license and the zend license in the short faqs at php.net

1. Is PHP the interpreter released under an open source license?

2. And what does zend got to do with it - its not open source - i.e.
   do I need it to run a apache/php/mysql system to
   create say a wiki or an online photo album?

Basically I don't want to develop a whole buch of php thinking its oss
and then find I have to fork out for licenses.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PHP Shafred border
    ... the php; I'm using php on that site and one other because I found ... > | the reason my proprietary app is in php is because I want it to run on ... > | intended to buy a license for the one in question. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: PHP Shafred border
    ... the php; I'm using php on that site and one other because I found this ... | cool little app that allows the owner to log-in and change/ update/ edit/ ... | recommending his app, or that I'd bought his stuff in the past, or that I ... | intended to buy a license for the one in question. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: PHP Shafred border
    ... the php; I'm using php on that site and one other because I found this ... | cool little app that allows the owner to log-in and change/ update/ edit/ ... | recommending his app, or that I'd bought his stuff in the past, or that I ... | intended to buy a license for the one in question. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • question about php license and pear
    ... Products derived from this software may not be called "PHP", ... As the author of something released under the PHP license, can I, as I ... say I were wanting to make a certain package a part of PEAR and I ... that they ought to use the "studly caps" convention. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP Shafred border
    ... Jack Brewster - Microsoft FrontPage MVP ... the php; I'm using php on that site and one other because I found this ... | cool little app that allows the owner to log-in and change/ update/ edit/ ... | intended to buy a license for the one in question. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)