Date time stamp help

From: Dave (overkil6_at_cogeco.ca)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:56:34 -0500

Hey folks,

I'm moving from ASP to PHP and I must say that on using this for only a day
it is MUCH simpler to get things going. Already have made a VERY basic blog
site for myself in a very short period of time. Anyhow I have a datetime
issue:

On my blog site I capture the date like this: $date=date("Y-m-d g-i-s");

When I display this date later it is 2 hours being my time. I'm guessing
that the servers are somewhere in the mid west - I am in the EST time zone.
Can anyone help me correct this so that I either capture the time proplerly
or display it in my zone?

Thanks,
Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Date time stamp help
    ... I'm moving from ASP to PHP and I must say that on using this for only a day ... When I display this date later it is 2 hours being my time. ... that the servers are somewhere in the mid west - I am in the EST time zone. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Date time stamp help
    ... > I'm moving from ASP to PHP and I must say that on using this for only a ... > When I display this date later it is 2 hours being my time. ... > or display it in my zone? ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Date time stamp help
    ... > I'm moving from ASP to PHP and I must say that on using this for only a ... > When I display this date later it is 2 hours being my time. ... > or display it in my zone? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Date weirdness
    ... I'm running a simple PHP date script to display the current date, ... the date is wrong (NOT a time zone issue). ... I thought PHP just checked the server date and displayed it ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Object Oriented Content System - the idea
    ... >I expected php to be smarter then that. ... >form like bytecode in memory for the next request. ... each action added some stuff to a "response" XML document. ... that map/object/data and formats it for HTML display using an includeed PHP ...
    (comp.lang.php)