file_exists(URL)

From: MS (SpamNoThnx_santa____clause_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/19/05

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:23:37 +0000 (UTC)

I read at http://uk.php.net/file_exists

Quote " Tip: As of PHP 5.0.0 this function can also be used with some URL
wrappers. Refer to Appendix L for a listing of which wrappers support stat()
family of functionality. "

I am only using PHP ver 4.3.10 and was wondering if there was any way of
checking the validity of URL's before they were saved to db.
Thanks
AW

http://www.clickonlingerie.com?SIG - Exotic Erotic Lingerie

  • Re: ?!? fread
    ... Refer to Appendix J for a listing of which wrappers support ... Are you using PHP 5.0.0? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Include gives warning
    ... "If "URL include wrappers" are enabled in PHP, you can specify the file to ... be included using a URL (via HTTP or other supported wrapper - see ... Supported Protocols and Wrappers for a list of protocols) instead of a ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [PHP] file_get_contents gets 404 error
    ... (fopen wrappers are on), maybe you could post some code. ... The problem itself was with apache configuration. ... I have some php websites, ... stream: HTTP request failed! ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: file:// streams: writing a custom wrapper
    ... I just wanted to share my experience: the wrappers do the job very well. ... I have built a wrapper which jails local file streams to a specific ... As libxml PHP extension makes use of streams: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: file_exists does not work
    ... "As of PHP 5.0.0 this function can also be used with some URL ... for a listing of which wrappers support stat() family of ... Allows Simultaneous Reading and Writing N/A ...
    (comp.lang.php)