grabbing an image url

From: Steee (steeee)
Date: 03/08/05

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:00:49 -0000

hi all

I wondered is there a way of grabbing an image from a url like
http://www.domain.com/image.jpg and storing either in a blob into mysql or
into a directory on my box.

I have been given some image urls in an xml feed after logging. I can show
the image as it is from the url i am given in the xml feed but I wanted the
images to look like they came (or actually does come from) my box.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Determining mime type of MySQL blob?
    ... >of a blob stored in MySQL? ... >Specifically, if I'm storing an image as a blob in MySQL, is there any ... >PHP function that can determine whether it's a gif, jpeg, png, etc? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: using BLOB objects and ...
    ... Example on storing images into BLOB data type. ... - Managing SQL 92 data types (BLOB, CLOB and Ref) ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: using BLOB objects and ...
    ... Example on storing images into BLOB data type. ... - Managing SQL 92 data types (BLOB, CLOB and Ref) ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Goof in the design of setBinaryStream
    ... Blobs (at least in MySQL) are of variable length. ... it won't know the length of the BLOB until it reaches the end of it. ... MySQL's JDBC driver has supported getBlob() ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: Escaping large chunk of text for insertion into mysql
    ... > field in mysql. ... Your SQL should be: ... > mentioned blob above). ... When you call executewith the proper parameters, ...
    (perl.beginners)