Re: MS Access and PHP

tinyabs wrote:
How to I get MS Access to return unicode string in PHP? It returns ???. It tried iconv, mbstring function but to no avail.

I suppose you mean the browser displays "???", and not what is returned from Access. Probably you have coerced the browser to interpret what it gets as unicode, but is getting the native charset/encoding from Access.

What exactly did you try?

mb_convert_encoding ought to do the trick for you, if conversion is not available in the driver.

/Bent .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: An example of what NOT to do
    ... Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote: ... ought to be. ... it cannot easily and comfortably be read by many folk now ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: HTML Head and DOCTYPE html
    ... > I see bits of code at the top of almost every web page source code I ... These tell the browser exactly how to interpret the code on your page. ... Different variants of the HTML and XHTML language need to be ...
    (uk.net.web.authoring)
  • Re: Why cant I create the string "User"
    ... and tries to interpret it as HTML (assuming page ... > has been delivered with text/html header). ... before the browser sees the generated code. ... never has to interpret e.g. $header. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: An example of what NOT to do
    ... Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote: ... ought to be. ... it cannot easily and comfortably be read by many folk now ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Karrs computer
    ... Bart Bailey wrote: ... maybe they ought to look here: http://tinyurl.com/9ofm4 ... of a scary joke. ... Try a copy 'n paste directly into your browser instead of clicking the ...
    (alt.true-crime)