Re: I'm online

PEAR has a package to do this:

Dug up another resource on Google explaining how to write your own ping
(haven't tested though):

Or you could just execute your systems ping command with shell_exec()
and parse the output. See the comments on for an example.

Gernot Frisch wrote:

I want to make a script that checks if it can "ping" a certain IP
(mine) and inform others whether I'm online or not.
Can this be done?

int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf
("%silto%c%cf%cgl%ssic%ccom%c", "ma", 58, 'g', 64, "ba", 46, 10);}

Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Migrating W2k3 to new W2k3 Domain
    ... let us name the computer with resource ComA. ... please ping ComB from ComA. ... Manually add the permissions to the resource. ...
  • FC3 ipsec problem
    ... Any traffic i generate from Host A 2 B causes a 'resource ... temporarily unavailable' message (ping, ssh, whatever) on A. Normal ... Restarting the network or ... PS Another bug is that racoon may leave /tmp/.racoon and refuses to ...
  • No system resources
    ... We seem to be running out of some resource in the kernel. ... for a while, if you try to ping another machine, you get "PING: ... out of and perhaps show what application is holding the resource? ...
  • Re: Cluster resourse app looses network connectivity
    ... > name resource i can initiate a connection such as a ping - ... > cluster resource ip's just loose this apps ip. ...
  • XP SP2 delay when using ping and other command line tools
    ... Just wondering if anyone else has seen a dramatic pause when pinging an ... outside resource after an ugrade to XP SP2. ... When trying to ping an outside ...