Re: Browser keeps caching

"news.xs4all.nl" <itsramon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:46dfb86a$0$229$e4fe514c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a problem with Internet Explorer (v7). It's not my favorite
browser, but you do have to test your websites in it.

In my browser, I have selected the cache option "Every time I visit the
website".
In the PHP code I included:

header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Expires: Mon, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT"); // Date in the past
header("Pragma: no-cache");

Still I need to refresh the page with Ctrl-F5, pressing just F5 returns an
old version of the page.

Do I miss something here?

Thanks,
Ramon.

i'm not sure this is still an issue with IE, but their website used to say
that to 'ensure' a page wasn't cached in IE you would need to set the
headers and at the bottom of the page somewhere, include a meta tag for
cache as well. they gave a long explanation for this, but i really don't,
nor care to, remember. it's just one of those things you have to work with.

either way and having said all of that, there is NO guarantee in ANY browser
that your server's request to not cache a page's content will be honored.

  • Re: Bizarre IIS 6.0 mixing page content from other sites together !
    ... > when using wfetch. ... > access the page using Internet Explorer, but the page is working correctly ... it seems to be something that is checking what browser (or something ... >> is not used on that particular website) ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: browser detection and redirection
    ... Internet Explorer 5.x and IE 6 are prone to spywares, have unpatched security weaknesses and do make computers unsafe. ... neutral examination of secunia.com website and a wide majority of security columnists will side with me on this. ... I don't question the choice of any users using any browser actually. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Slow Downloads
    ... The link I provided was for Broadband Reports, not Cox. ... comfortable switching from IE to another browser. ... Are there any Web sites that cause no problems at all? ... America's website takes a long time to load. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: single page apps, URL hash setting, bookmarking, & the back button.
    ... illusion for users with no expectations to begin with. ... Incompetence and broken browser behavior were definite factors (with ... links because they find the website hard to use, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Most ridiculous website?
    ... software-capability program just so they can view or navigate a website. ... always with a text browser. ... I was taught accessibility by my poor and handicapped friends and I ... The Internet should be for everyone. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)