how do I hide database connection files using PHP include files?

From: NotGiven (noname_at_nonegiven.net)
Date: 11/18/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:46:41 -0500

I have the following at the beginning of the PHP page:

<?php require_once('Connections/conn.php'); ?>

I want to hide the connection file, "conn.php", so it's out of the web
accessible file structure. I understand putting them in the php include
directory shoudl do this. For example, let's say the directory I put them
in is /www/phpIN/, and /www/ht/ is the root web directory.

So I put "conn.php" in the inlcude directory (/www/phpIN/conn.php) and
removed it form CONNECTIONS directory.

Now it doesn't work.

What do I need to change?

Thanks.