Re: Newbie: Trouble w/ O'Reilly example

From: Brian Lovely (brian_lovely_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/20/03

    Date: 19 Nov 2003 18:29:39 -0800

    > > Choose between db_login.inc or db_login.php...
    >
    > Listen to him, ignore what I just said... I didn't pay close attention.
    > (Does PHP parse .inc files?!?)
    >

    > -Eric Kincl

    ***SORRY***
    The .inc suffix is the result of my trying different things to make
    this work. Initially, it was all .php While cutting and pasting to
    create my original post I was not careful enough and got bits of two
    different versions.

    To reiterate, the require_once() argument was db_login.php, and the
    file I was moving around in order to get it recognized was indeed
    db_login.php

    I apologize for the confusion.
    This is driving me nuts, BTW, I don't understand why PHP doesn't just
    find the darn file.
    --Brian

    • Re: standard coding...
      ... I could change all the php files ... one could set up the server to ... To "match" the suffix there, you'd need to set the server to parse ... directly to a file in the directory structure, ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: A Study In Scarlet - Exploiting Common Vulnerabilities in PHP Applications
      ... A Study In Scarlet - Exploiting Common Vulnerabilities in PHP Applications ... > of directory seperator characters in $theme (as it stands obviously the code ... > would allow the inclusion of any file with the '.inc' suffix). ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: standard coding...
      ... I could change all the php files to have a 'pre' suffix to indicate that these files are 'pre'processed before displaying them. ... To "match" the suffix there, you'd need to set the server to parse all .jpg, etc. files as PHP, which would be a sure-fire way to get ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Newbie: Trouble w/ OReilly example
      ... For it to be parsed as PHP it needs to have that PHP extension. ... it anywhere separate from "admin.php", you would want a folder somewhere ... -Eric Kincl ...
      (comp.lang.php)