Re: need to spam 1000 people

From: NotGiven (noname_at_nonegiven.net)
Date: 11/22/03

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:47:07 -0500

Right - it's a one time emailing to a known group of 1000 people. The email
addresses are curently in Excel.

"Nikolai Chuvakhin" <nc@iname.com> wrote in message
> "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote in message
> >
> > need to send email to 1000 addresses (currently in MS Excel)-
> > what's the best way to do that, create a mail forma and paste
> > ALL 1000 addresses in the TO field?
>
> Assuming your mailing is properly solicited, the "To: " field
> should contain only one address, yours (just so that you can
> confirm that the message has in fact been sent). Recipient's
> addresses should go into the "Bcc: " field, separated by commas.
> This way, the size of outgoing message will be smaller, plus
> the receipients won't see who else received the mailing.
>
> As to "the best way", you forgot to tell us one thing: the best
> way to do WHAT? One-time mailing? Occasional mailings with
> human-generated content? Periodic mailings with database-
> generated content? Something else?
>
> Cheers,
> NC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: need to spam 1000 people
    ... Right - it's a one time emailing to a known group of 1000 people. ... addresses are curently in Excel. ... > This way, the size of outgoing message will be smaller, plus ... > the receipients won't see who else received the mailing. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Excel - Word Mail Merge
    ... Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote in message ... >> I'm working with an Excel file, ... >> generate mailing labels, but of course not to everyone on the list. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Mailing List In Excel
    ... I have a customer that wants compile his own mailing list. ... excel and my mailing software imports excel files, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Using Tables in Mail Merges - how do I surpress empty rows?
    ... I'm running a maiil merge which is bringing in data from excel. ... I'm producing a mailing which will be a sort of statement for people ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: How to make Mailing Labels from a Worksheet?
    ... Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel ... Mac OS X 10.4 ... I have a mailing list that has been downloaded into a tab-delimited excel ... into a mailing label set up and then print the addresses onto my mailing ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)