Re: ASP.NET VS PHP OOP

From: Hayden Kirk (spam_at_spam.com)
Date: 04/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:34:58 +1200

Also,

I would say that article would be very biased as well, coming from Oracle.
Not that I have read it, but i've read things like this in the past.

Thanks
Hayden Kirk

"Savut" <webki@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I know there is a lot o people asking me if PHP5 is fully OOP, I said no,
> but nobody trust me and I dont care as I have no time to explain you all.
> But I find this from ORACLE and so I decided to post it to prove what I
> said. ASP.NET is OOP not PHP (not yet).
>
> http://otn.oracle.com/pub/articles/hull_asp.html
>
> I program 80% of my projects in php, so dont tell me I'm a MS ASP lover,
but
> what I want to said is we have to admit PHP is not enough mature yet, and
> still lack in OOP, and this is so important for programmer, because It
just
> make not sense that this is almost the last language not yet OOP. Can you
> imagine how many programmers we loss just because of it.
>
> Savut

Relevant Pages

  • ASP.NET VS PHP OOP
    ... but nobody trust me and I dont care as I have no time to explain you all. ... ASP.NET is OOP not PHP. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • ASP.NET vs PHP OOP
    ... but nobody trust me and I dont care as I have no time to explain you all. ... ASP.NET is OOP not PHP. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: [PHP] php5 and possible oop features/questions
    ... multiple files (as you must have one file with the class sometimes quite ... its just static, which may proove to be a bit of a problem, since the php ... OOP lacks dynamic patterns - in general it's a step back with what you could ... the existing OOP syntax takes a lot of work, and you cant please everyone. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Mixing Oil and Water ?? (PHP with UML & Unit Testing)
    ... the use of UML or OOP does not have to do the size of the sites. ... any database driven project could have its data model ... > for PHP scripting or web-application development? ... Again, like UML, Unit Testing seems ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [PHP] Re: OOP Hello World
    ... > PHP seems to be getting more and more object oriented, ... public function respond; ... public function respond(Salutable $receiver, $response) { ... OOP or not. ...
    (php.general)