Re: consume ASP.NET web service with PHP

Matt wrote:

> Alright, the asp.net web service creates an xml based document called a
> WSDL i believe. Not positive but i think this is what is used to
> consume it in PHP. This web service will simply query a database. All
> the PHP page has to do is pull the info as a string and display it
> somewhere on the page. Does this help any?

Does PHP query the WSDL file, or does the ASP service query the PHP
script? If ASP is making a request to the PHP script, then it should
just be a matter of using the parameters to generate the output. If PHP
is making a request to the WSDL, then you'd have to parse the file,
generate the output, then send it to the destination whether that be
simply printing it out or using something like curl to send it elsewhere.

I've never worked with ASP or .NET (at all), so I don't know exactly
what needs to be done. You may also want to take a look at the dotnet
extension for PHP: http://us3.php.net/dotnet (especially the
user-submitted comments).

HTH

--
Justin Koivisto, ZCE - justin@xxxxxxxxx
http://koivi.com

  • RE: Consuming a PHP Webservice
    ... Just add the php as a "web reference" in your project. ... The web service works OK using a testing PHP client. ... > web service to consume the webservice. ... > I have been reading about the ServicePoint class, proxies and WSDL, but I ...
  • Re: Does WSDL.exes protocol parameter actually allow http post?
    ... Specifically, WSDL was mentioned. ... > then use WSDL.exe with the proper parameters to generate a web service ... I would suspect what is meant is that ASP Pages application functionality ... The WSDL would point to a url that was a .Net XML Web service solution to ...
  • Re: Soap without WSDL
    ... > So far I have failed in the attempts as I have no WSDL file available for ... > web service (and due to some compatibility issues they can not produce ... > WSDL). ... > I have got examples in PHP that are working without WSDL, ...
  • Re: Best way to deploy a Web App
    ... mamcx wrote: ... - You can provide a Web Service facade pretty easy ... PHP technology. ... I had never use ASP but i'm sure that ASP should have ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: consume ASP.NET web service with PHP
    ... WSDL i believe. ... consume it in PHP. ... This web service will simply query a database. ...
    (comp.lang.php)