Re: Portability of PHP from windows to Linux
- From: "Al Kolff" <alkolff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:12:04 GMT
"Nicholas Sherlock" <n_sherlock@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> seth wrote:
> > I would like to know how portable the code will be. Do we need to
> > rewrite a lot of code when we move from Windows to Linux? What are the
> > issues I need to be aware of?
> The code I wrote that works fine on my local EasyPHP testing server
> (Windows) failed on a commercial server (Linux) because table/field
> names in the MySQL database were apparently case sensitive on the server
> (Worked fine here). Watch out :). All lowercase names is a good standard.
> Nicholas Sherlock
I have had the same experience. The bigger problem was different versions of
PHP and MySql on the Windows and Linux servers. Usually the Linux servers
seem to be running newer versions.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to get an unix programmer started on web programming?
- Previous by thread: Re: Portability of PHP from windows to Linux
- Next by thread: Re: Portability of PHP from windows to Linux