Re: problem displaying pdfs from mysql

monomaniac21 wrote:
Cheers Rik is that also required for displaying jpgs and stuff? i dont
remember using it.

Not for images, no. Allthough some browsers (I know IE does) display pdf's,
it's not HTML, it's officially not for a browser to handle. Browsers can
display HTML and other "simple" files (for instance XML, TXT, all files
easily made in notepad and the like), and (most) images.

Other files have to be first downloaded and then displayed with other
programs. IE uses an external pdf-reader (normally acrobat), but pretends it
is capable of displaying pdf's by running the program "inline" (for lack of
a better word, my english is limited). Hence the confusion.

That's putting it simple. I'm sure there are people on this ng that DO know
what they are talking about who can correct me, but this explanation has
sufficed for me so far :-)

Grtz,
--
Rik Wasmus

  • Re: Thinking of upgrading to Outlook 2003, but ...
    ... but I'm wondering if there is a way to display ... > e-mail with HTML images from a sender that I trust. ... that let senders know when you have opened their message). ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: History of S-100 Board company Industrial Micro Systems (IMS)
    ... so each browser can adjust the display to ... This can be applied to images ... AFAIK this has been part of HTML for ever and is described ... Looks like you may be using the Kumon website package. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Considerations for a better Import/Export Format Goals
    ... display it not only without caring if it's valid, ... that's not the problem with browsers. ... who said malware can't exist in well-formed HTML? ... No schema can guarantee that the data is not mangled. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Mail and HTML ?
    ... You probably can read it in Mail; it's just that Mail chooses to display the ... plain text version in preference to HTML. ... selection Display remote images in HTML messages is ticked, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: HTML 5 Test
    ... possible - cos I can't see a use for html if it doesn't) ... my non compliant sites have been visited and enjoyed by folk ... It's purpose is to enable websites and developers to do or display ... That doesn't exclude older browsers as the majority of new tricks will ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)