register_globals security risk

My hosting provider has register_globals on. How big of a security risk is
this, and is there a workaround for it if I can't convince them to turn it
off? At the moment I am running phpbb and mantis on my site.

  • Re: Login Same User on Multiple Machines from just one machine
    ... Now I just need to convince our ... I still need to figure out how to login on several ... >> a security risk to permit it. ... >>> target machine. ...
  • Re: register_globals security risk
    ... Ham Pastrami wrote: ... and is there a workaround for it if I can't convince them to turn it ... At the moment I am running phpbb and mantis on my site. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Login Same User on Multiple Machines from just one machine
    ... The security risk is a subtle one. ... because the normal logon pocess requires a human ... > convince our application developers of the merit of this function to ... their passwords then why bother with separate user accounts and all these ...
  • Re: 2.6.20.4: NETDEV WATCHDOG and lockups
    ... On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jarek Poplawski wrote: ... We're try to convince our hosting provider to replace the NIC with a e1000. ... BOFH excuse #387: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)