Re: mail function

maya ha comentado:
> I'm new to php.. and I would like to know, please, why is
> there a '.' sometimes before '='.. what is this for [..]

This is for link together (concatenate[1]) the previous content
in that var with the current assignment.

About the variables, you can use simple quotes (') instead of
double quotes ("), and then you won't see expanded this variables.
These, and a lot of other concepts, are clearly explaind in the
php docs[2].

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.assignment.php
[2] http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php

Regards.

  • Re: Proper Way to Use [while] Loops
    ... I'm new to PHP and am trying to create a template from the ... set up a loop to post every item on the newspost table. ... // START MARKUP ... Using double quotes in a string enclosed with single quotes requires no escaping and vica versa. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: [PHP] Optimized PHP
    ... quotes "s where needed as they are parsed by PHP and instead use single ... echo 'This is some text'. ... by PHP looking for variables or other escaped characters. ... In an application where I am having some different settings for each of the ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: nesting JS in echos
    ... from html to php. ... the conversion went well, it was to use a php session cookie to stop the ... single quotes and double quotes needed in the doc.write and variable ... my mistake was to leave the image path in single quotes; ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: [PHP] Cannot send a hyperlink
    ... Yes you do not need quotes in the mailfunction. ... [PHP] Cannot send a hyperlink ... Your problem is the Headers are missing which allows the html content to ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: nesting JS in echos
    ... i'm trying to bury a JS script to rotate a photo, ... converted from html to php. ... syntax of the single quotes and double quotes needed in the ...
    (comp.lang.php)