Re: Long sleep() and time-out's

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:30:47 GMT, Andy Jeffries
<news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My point is, redoing it in Delphi gives you nothing (except a Windows
interface if you want that).

I know, but since I was only getting started, it's no big deal. I'll
just keep in mind that PHP and long sleep()'s aren't a good idea.

Cheers.

  • Re: Long sleep() and time-outs
    ... interface if you want that). ... keep in mind that PHP and long sleep's aren't a good idea. ... Using a PHP CLI binary, ... http://www.andyjeffries.co.uk | Personal site and photos ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Classes vs functions
    ... Interfaces were Java's "solution" to multiple inheritance. ... in a way that one class may implement one or more interface. ... PHP; nobody would be obligated to use or abuse it. ... > resource-consuming) to be able to include an entire package. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Object Oriented Content System - the idea
    ... Would probably be difficult to enforce this militant style in PHP. ... (It's java, but you probably don't have to know java to see what's going ... The advantage of keeping them private or protected has been to prevent using ... way of private inner class and interface) In PHP this typically means another ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP Scripts in an ASP Page
    ... what you do not realize is that two script language systems aren't ... ASP has the ability to use configurable script language engines like ... interface to abstract language specifics from the web execution context ... limitation in PHP. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: One class per file
    ... I think it is a good idea to put each single class (or interface) in a separate file. ... OS and PHP handle that many with acceptable performance so I need not worry about it? ... echo 'A'; ... None of these tests mean anything, especially on a shared server. ...
    (comp.lang.php)