Re: Progress indicators on a page...?

no@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi

I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I
echo some text to show the progress of the update but the text only
appears when the page has finished displaying.

Is there any way (through html headers?) to force the page to update
in real time, while the PHP script is still executing?

I have seen similar thngs on webmin pages when it is downloading
updates and it is nothing fancy (graphics etc) - just text.

Thanks
Chris R.

As Henrik indicated, flush() works. You may also need to call ob_flush().

jstucklex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Progress indicators on a page...?
    ... I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I ... If you want to use an animated gif as a "dumb" progress bar, here is some css that does it. ... Or another Javascript method: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Progress indicators on a page...?
    ... I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I ... echo some text to show the progress of the update but the text only ...
    (alt.php)
  • Progress indicators on a page...?
    ... I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I ... echo some text to show the progress of the update but the text only ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Progress indicators on a page...?
    ... I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I ... I use ob_lushand flush() when I have long-running tasks. ... It should work a lot better with CSS. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Progress indicators on a page...?
    ... I have a PHP script that updates a very large table and in the code I ... echo some text to show the progress of the update but the text only ... try putting a flushsomewhere in there to force PHP to send its ...
    (alt.php)