Re: can't install PHP - keep getting "Invalid directory" error regarding the path to Apache httpd.h
- From: David Haynes <david.haynes2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:36:49 -0400
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
lawrence k wrote:I've installed Apache 1.3.36 on my Redhat EL 3 machine. Now I'm trying
to install PHP 5.1.4. I can not get the ./configure command to work. I
keep getting this error:
configure: error: Invalid Apache directory - unable to find httpd.h
So then I run this command:
find / -name httpd.h
which should find every file on my machine with the name "httpd.h".
These are the results I get:
So I've rerun the ./configure command, using this first:
and since that didn't work:
but I get the "Invalid directory" error with both addresses.
What am I missing?
Check the installation documentation. It's looking the base directory for Apache - not the Apache include directory or an include file.
You must also have the Apache development code installed on your system. Sorry, I don't use RedHat so I don't know which RPM you need.
I don't think you need to use --with-apache.
I think you need to use --with-apxs2 instead.
At least that works on my Fedora Core 4 system.
- Prev by Date: Re: Object Oriented PHP
- Next by Date: Re: Object Oriented PHP
- Previous by thread: Re: can't install PHP - keep getting "Invalid directory" error regarding the path to Apache httpd.h
- Next by thread: Re: can't install PHP - keep getting "Invalid directory" error regarding the path to Apache httpd.h