Re: Checking if referrer is web crawler

StevePBurgess@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
I have noticed that the book links are getting lots of hit. At first, I
was pleased about the potential income this might mean - but then it
occurred to me that many of these hits are web crawlers (this was
confirmed by webaliser).

Any suggestions of ways of checking if the link is being "clicked" by a
webcrawler so that I can not increment the field in the sql database?

Steve

You should be able to take care of this in your robots.txt file ( root
of your web directory ). I had a problem with a login link and the
bots were getting to it and I would see one reference to the login
file, but no POST. scratched me head for a bit... Anyway, Google it
and you will find a wealth of info.

todh

.