setting password for root
- From: "Bob" <bobr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 1 Sep 2006 16:49:19 -0700
I'm just starting PHP and MySQL - and really like the book by Welling
I've installed MySQL on my WinXP desktop, along with Apache and PHP. I
have not figured out how to set a password for the root account. I've
been able to set up a user account for myself, with a password, but not
the root account. I understand this is not ideal.
I've tried setting the password in My.ini but it doesn't seem to work.
I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone suggest what I should be
- Prev by Date: Re: Converting MySQL dates
- Next by Date: Re: setting password for root
- Previous by thread: ReOrder result set, Save a trip to DB/Srv
- Next by thread: Re: setting password for root