Re: -> PHP4 Singleton implementation question <-

Sanders Kaufman wrote:
Steve JORDI wrote:

Yes, that did it! THANKS!!!
I didn't know that session_start() was also used to resume a session.
I thought that having it once was enough, but as you said, the web
being a stateless environment...
Wow, now I know that, it seems logical :-)

I've had such problems figgering this out, I resorted to writing my own session handling. Getting this down would *seriously* cut back on the number of lines of code I have to write!
So...

It *resumes* a session?!
If I put a bunch of values into session variables, how do I get those back with the resumed session... and how do I make sure I resumed the right session?

Just call session_start() on every page that uses sessions. PHP ensures the correct session id is used again.

jstucklex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Client-Side Session Data
    ... Sanders Kaufman wrote: ... token on the client, but does it keep the session *data* on the ... Or is the session data being stored on the server, ... Rik Wasmus ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Captcha recommendations
    ... Jerry Stuckle typed: ... replying to the current request. ... There's a big difference between what you've read about or theorized on your own and the actual presence in reality of an IP during a session, which is what the conversation was/is about. ... Due to you being a total myopic idiot, your contributions would be better served as a ditch digger, along with The Natural Philosopher. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Captcha recommendations
    ... Jerry Stuckle typed: ... usually change during a session, there's a lot you can do with the IP ... Some companies use multiple gateways in a load ... IPs CAN change at any time, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Session Problems
    ... Jerry Stuckle wrote: ... the session is no longer valid. ... JDS Computer Training Corp. ... And what happens if you put the code I gave you immediately following the <?php tag? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Session Problems
    ... Jerry Stuckle wrote: ... the session is no longer valid. ... JDS Computer Training Corp. ... What's the actual failing code? ...
    (comp.lang.php)