Unicode entities in email subject

Dear Group,

my first post to this group, so if I'm on the wrong group, my
apologies.

I'm trying to send out an email in Chinese lanuage using the mail()
function in PHP.

Subject and mailbody are stored as Unicode entities (eg. 註)

The mail body renders perfectly in all tested emailclients if the mail
is sent as html.

Only the subject displays the entities but does not render the Chinese
chars.

Any ideas on how to get the mail sent with the subject displaying
correctly?

Thank you in advance for any clue available on this topic.

Patrick Huss

  • Re: Unicode entities in email subject
    ... I'm trying to send out an email in Chinese lanuage using the mail ... Subject and mailbody are stored as Unicode entities ... Encoding in headers of mail messages uses a different scheme to HTML. ... Text in Internet Message Headers" ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Unicode entities in email subject
    ... I'm trying to send out an email in Chinese lanuage using the mail ... For example, given the subject $subj encoded as a UTF-8 string, ... And note that this encoding has nothing to do with the Content-Type ... your "Unicode entities" must be converted to regular UTF-8 ...
    (comp.lang.php)