Re: How to make PHP call a remote Script

seaside wrote:

johnny schrieb:

I have a remote script on a local network and I need to make Web App in
PHP, call this remote script on a different machine. How do I do this?

This way, for example:

$viart_xml = fsockopen("", 80, $errno, $errstr, 12);

fputs($viart_xml, "GET /aScript.xml HTTP/1.0\r\n");
fputs($viart_xml, "Host: www.\r\n");
fputs($viart_xml, "Referer: http://www.\r\n");
fputs($viart_xml, "User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1)\r\n\r\n");

This may work too, but not using PHP 4.4.2

$viart_xml = fopen("";, "r");

Much easier is using fopen("";) if the
http-wrapper is enabled.
If PHP has decided that filename specifies a registered protocol, and that
protocol is registered as a network URL, PHP will check to make sure that
allow_url_fopen is enabled. If it is switched off, PHP will emit a warning
and the fopen call will fail.

If you need to send information in a POST too, have a look at CURL.

Erwin Moller