Re: Eclipse PHP IDE - 3 nagging questions

On 4 Lip, 15:02, Michael Fesser <neti...@xxxxxx> wrote:
.oO(Joey33)

I've just installed Eclipse and PDT and I'm getting familiar without
major problems but I'm stuck with 3 issues:

1. do you know any plugin that would let me convert " to \" in
selected text? (or enclose selection with braces, I mean basic
convertions that you use often in php when working with html tags)

A simple search and replace should do that, but in this special case
it's not really necessary. You can use single quotes as well to delimit
your HTML attributes.

Thanks for the hint. I'm also installing Aptana so maybe it's going to
be even easier;)

2. how do I install Zend debugger? (I downloaded the plugin 'enabling
debbuging' from zend but probrably the server plugin too...?) Is it
worth instaling or maybe a better choice is Xdebug?

Check out

Using PDT : Installation : Installing the Zend Debuggerhttp://www.thierryb.net/pdtwiki/index.php?title=Using_PDT_:_Installat...

Using PDT : User Guide : PHP Source Level Debugginghttp://www.thierryb.net/pdtwiki/index.php?title=Using_PDT_:_User_Guid...

I've finally managed to instal Zend - thanks for the urls. I did
everything according to the instructions however still I have some
issues:

If I'm right when I want to debug a script I have to create a
project..?

One more question: I tried with single pages as well as whole projects
but execution doesn't stop on breakpoints...hmm The whole page with
included scripts is generated from top to bottom, ignoring toggled
breakpoints. Would you have idea what I'm doing wrong?

And when I open project files from PHP Explorer panel they cannot be
edited, just viewed. I have to open files included in the project
manually through 'open file'. Then I can edit them.

3. how do I safely remove plugins that I don't need? AFAI there are
eg. tools for developing Java apps. I would like to slim my Eclipse as
much possible to speed it up.

You can disable plugins in the configuration manager, but be aware that
PDT requires _a lot_ of them. A fresh Eclipse installation is quite
small already, I don't think you can slim it even more.

Micha

I switched off several plugins concerning mainly java. Seems it is a
bit lighter now. I also got info on another forum to configure Eclipse
in general not only plugins, i.e.
turn off the "Build Automatically" on startup for example.

Thanks for thoughtful help
Regards,
Konrad

  • Re: ports have made me lazy
    ... means of installing it -- or am I back to the old days of installing ... and sometimes PHP apps balk at running with both. ... app has written in it's own zlib compression routines internally. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Intallation of php causes Apache to stop working
    ... Have correctly installed Apache ... Now want to add php. ... Checked the error log and got this line just after installing php: ... : master_main: create child process failed. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Recommendations for PHP debuggers?
    ... I'm just a lone PHP programmer doing web pages for mainly non-profit ... for installing DBG, and the one forum entry on the topic I found: ... Does anyone know how to get a reliable PHP graphical debugger to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • PHP, IIS and MSSQL Installation problems
    ... I recently installed PHP5 using the manual method described in the ... associated help file. ... installing it on our server rather than on a local machine for ... worked and told me what I expected to see and my php webpages worked. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Why does aspx pages crash my machine?
    ... I'm pretty sure that the OP solved his problem by disabling a firewall app ... PHP is really terrible for scalability. ... installing ... > I note that it's IE causing the problem - in my experience errors like ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)