Re: Framework, which one?

bermiferrer schreef:
On Jul 21, 7:51 pm, "Giovanni R." <leonida1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since now, I've always used my bunch of code to make new applications.

I'd like to start to use a framework.
According to you, which is the best PHP framework at the moment?

Thanks,
Giovanni

--
See <http://snipurl.com/1olgl> for "Advanced PHP Programming".
See <http://snipurl.com/1olgk> for "Ajax in Practice".

It seems that you're looking for a MVC PHP framework and not a Library
like others are suggesting.

I recommend you to have a look to http://www.symfony-project.com,
http://www.cakephp.org, and http://www.akelos.org. All them are MVC
frameworks based on conventions that follow the DRY philosophy and are
heavily influenced by Ruby on Rails.

There's a new trend in the Ruby on Rails community: Extended scaffolding. Mike Perham wrote an article titles "Turbocharge Ruby on Rails with ActiveScaffold" on IBM Developerworks about it. ActiveScaffold has already got 36.000 downloads. PHP developers don't need to wait for it to be ported to PHP. PhpPeanuts has been doing extended scaffolding since its very first beta release in march 2004 (that's right, that is *before* the first Rails beta on ruby force). PhpPeanuts has been designed for this right from the start and has been accumulating experience with it while others where busy cloning Rails. You can download it right now at www.phpPeanuts.org.

Henk Verhoeven,
www.phpPeanuts.org.

(To find a link to the article on IBM Developer works, follow the 'Ruby on Rail' link on our homepage)

  • Re: Ruby vs. PHP
    ... best solution, we're going to make prototypes in rails FAST, then port ... My first thought was that it's a good idea because PHP is more painful to ... use than Ruby and sometimes I have needs other than those for which Rails ... of magnitude slower than Systems languages like Java. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Professional Applications Devolpment
    ... No framework will be the best in all ... The PHP frameworks that have been around for a while seem like using ... want to be the Rails of the PHP world. ... another language but I have no reason to stick with a certain language ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Joel Spolsky on languages for web programming
    ... Actually, despite the fact that I love Ruby a lot, I'm inclined to ... applications geared for use by only a few people (internal client use ... application based on Rails. ... that I simply wouldn't be able to do in PHP ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: What do you think about Ruby on Rails?
    ... The framework is based on struts, the advantage is, scripts running to ... and in Ruby on rails presentation depends on it ... although I even think that php is lacking some properties regarding ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Language Popularity - PHP vs Ruby?
    ... The trend seems to show that PHP is a very popular ... language compared to ruby. ... Ruby has Rails, but Rails needs more libraries, and Rails has a ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)