Re: Can I learn PHP 5 with PHP 4 book?

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Andy Hassall wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:38:45 -0400, Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

mysqli has only been introduced with PHP5.
mysqli was introduced in PHP 4.1.

No it wasn't.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysqli.php

Yes, it was.

No, it wasn't. Andy is right. Read the link you provided yourself more
closely.

Mysqli requires a minimum *MYSQL* version of 4.1, not a minimum *PHP*
version of 4.1. The minimum PHP version required for mysqli is 5.0.

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. ;-)

Bye!

  • Re: Can I learn PHP 5 with PHP 4 book?
    ... Andy Hassall wrote: ... mysqli was introduced in PHP 4.1. ... Jerry Stuckle ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: SELECT column1, column2, column3 - how can I easily access all values?
    ... Jerry Stuckle wrote: ... you need a php and mysql tutorial. ... Alternatively, you can use the improved MySQL interface which has an Object Oriented approach - see mysqli and related classes. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Extending the mysqli class
    ... I am trying to create an extension of the mysqli class within PHP, ... class sql_db extends mysqli ... if the connection to the database fails. ... do, would involve overriding the constructor of the mysqli class, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Extending the mysqli class
    ... Daz wrote: ... I am trying to create an extension of the mysqli class within PHP, ... class sql_db extends mysqli ... But in PHP5 your constructors are named __construct, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Can I learn PHP 5 with PHP 4 book?
    ... I would like to learn PHP and I know we are at version 5. ... there are significant differences in PHP5 compared to 4, especially the OOP class use, but also differences between mysql and mysqli are not shown in a PHP4 book, simply as mysqli has only been introduced with PHP5. ...
    (comp.lang.php)