Re: Auto submitting a form that contains a file field

On Apr 1, 10:15 pm, "laredotorn...@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<laredotorn...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 31, 10:15 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
laredotorn...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I'm using php 5. Does anyone have any code or a function that auto
submits a form that contains a single INPUT, of type = file?
Thanks, - Dave
Nope. Can't do it with PHP. PHP is server side, and you need client side.

jstuck...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
==================

Actually this would be a server side function that POSTs to a URL and
the enctype would be "multipart/form-data". I've found tons of stuff
that auto-submit forms where you can put the parameters in a query
string, but with inputs that are of file types, you can't do that ...
or can you?

- Dave

No, the POST is from the client end. The result of the POST is server end.

Client end is NOT php. Neither is the enctype nor the <input type=file tag.

jstuck...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
==================

From what he's saying I'd think he tries to make an auto-poster to do
posts in another website's form or a form located in another script,
and that si doable using PHP.- Hide quoted text -

Hi, George interpreted my question correctly. George (and anyone
else), regarding your question

Do you really need it to be input=file? can't you just load the file, base64_encode it

I guess it doesn't have to be input=file. But when you say "load the
file", what do you mean? Thanks, - Dave

A link to the script your are trying to post in would be of much help,
but as I see, you should use either CURL or WGET to post it and use --
post-file in wget or the equivalent in CURL to do the thing.

Hope it helps.

George

  • PHP SCRIPT
    ... php classified script ... guestbook ardguest free php guestbook script ... php file upload script ...
    (sci.chem.labware)
  • Re: Re: [PHP] exec() Error
    ... cURL through my working PHP script. ... This time, I do not get the "script" output from the script in total.cgi, ... Subject: [PHP] execError ... would be appropriate to invoke a remote script and pass it parameters. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Auto submitting a form that contains a file field
    ... Client end is NOT php. ...  Thanks, - Dave ... post-file in wget or the equivalent in CURL to do the thing. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: curl problems
    ... Matthias Leopold schrieb: ... i've got problems getting php4 scripts which use curl to work on RHEL4 and CentOS 4.4. ... when the script is accessed the browser "hangs", after a couple of minutes i'm prompted to save the php-file, obviously nothing is executed. ... curl in php works with a selfcompiled php5 binary executed via cgi on the same server ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • curl problems
    ... i've got problems getting php4 scripts which use curl to work on RHEL4 and CentOS 4.4. ... when the script is accessed the browser "hangs", after a couple of minutes i'm prompted to save the php-file, obviously nothing is executed. ... curl in php works with a selfcompiled php5 binary executed via cgi on the same server ... php core config see below ...
    (comp.lang.php)