Re: php execution time

C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/) wrote:
On Jun 26, 9:10 pm, AnrDaemon <anrdae...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings, Rozmaha.

Hey, so quick question, what would be a good time to set for execution
time using set_time_limit if I wanted to upload say a 100 mb file. I
know bandwidth and everything is important to know, but maybe if you
could give me a good number that works in any case.
1. set_time_limit has nothing to do with file uploads, unless you are uploading
files from your script (using cURL i.e.)
Refer to thehttp://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-input-time
instead.
2. Use FTP for such big files.

--
Sincerely Yours, AnrDaemon <anrdae...@xxxxxxxxxxx>

FTP sucks - for lots of reasons. HTTP[s] is a far more sensible
protocol for moving files in either direction. For the best
performance/security use scp or rsync over ssh.

C.

Wrong. FTP is much faster and more efficient when transferring files - because that's what it is specifically designed for.

I would never handle such large files over http - it's missing some good features, such as resume capability. Then there's the conversion of new line characters for text files. And bunches of other things.

And if you want security, there's sftp.

jstucklex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: is that a good offer for a server installation?
    ... > Hire someone who has a clue? ... I'd use rsync over ssh or openvpn.... ... http cannot resume, and the likelihood of a broken connection is high.... ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: At wits end MS Publisher Web Form & Mapping a Network Location
    ... as form handlers. ... To use FPSE you must use HTTP uploading protocol. ... Windows shared hosting account at Godaddy. ... Can not use FTP to upload due to Web Form use ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • RE: submit button issues?
    ... Firstly to work with forms you must upload as an HTTP file, ... When it asks you to save, choose in my network places, if you dont see it ... How to publish a Publisher web in HTTP: ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Upload problem on entire FC5 system
    ... HTTP requests only seem to lag. ... > I have been having an issue with upload from Apache on FC5 ... your ISP might be bandwidth limiting your ... I don't care how many levels of reality you posit; ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Upload file without user interaction - VBA
    ... available method is using an HTTP form and the POST method. ... You probably need to use FTP, not HTTP. ... Your posting first says I want to upload files which is FTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)