Re: html forms and spam-bots

William Gill <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:dUuDk.1497$073.28
@fe99.usenetserver.com:

I am getting a lot of phony form submissions. I assume they are not
being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot.
I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash
the bot generated responses, but was surprised to see the referrer is my
form, not some clone or such. Any ideas on a quick way to eliminate
these time wasters early in the process?

CAPTCHA is the way. I use a simple method which stores a 4 digit number in
the database. Then using 4 drop down boxes they have to select the
coresponding numbers. on submit the numbers are checked. simple but so
effective.

  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot. ... I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash ... Every CAPTCHA creates obstacles for the visitors. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot. ... I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash the bot generated responses, but was surprised to see the referrer is my form, not some clone or such. ... Any ideas on a quick way to eliminate these time wasters early in the process? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... William Gill wrote: ... being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot. ... I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash the bot generated responses, but was surprised to see the referrer is my form, not some clone or such. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot.. ...   I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... Jerry Stuckle wrote: ... being done manually because of the volume, but by some sort of spam-bot. ... I thought of putting some code in the php processing script to trash the bot generated responses, but was surprised to see the referrer is my form, not some clone or such. ...
    (comp.lang.php)