Re: HOWTO get extension into build ?

richard.eich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...
PHP 5.2.6
Linux FC 9

Utter PHP newbie

I have the sources for PHP 5.2.6, and the source for PAM-1.0.2 pulled
down from PECL. I've been trying to find out how to get the PAM
extension added to the build. I moved pam-1.0.2 to php-5.2.6/ext and
ran 'configure' but that didn't seem to do the trick.

The search results I've found so far seem to focus on coding
standards for extensions, and how to create them etc. I'd really
love to find a doc that provides guidance on what do to get the
extension built into PHP.

Any suggested search keywords or URLs to known-suitable doc would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Update:

I was able to use pecl install pam-1.0.2 to get pam.so made and
placed into /usr/local/lib/extensions/...

I added pam.servicename to /usr/local/lib/php.ini, made the
appropriate edits to /etc/pam.d...

I restarted Apache...

I'm unable to see the extension function as a defined reference in
the PHP however:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pam_auth() in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/login.php on line 65

--
A fight starts when a man reaches the limits of his intelligence.
.