Re: HOWTO get extension into build ?

richard.eich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...
PHP 5.2.6
Linux FC 9

Utter PHP newbie

I have the sources for PHP 5.2.6, and the source for PAM-1.0.2 pulled
down from PECL. I've been trying to find out how to get the PAM
extension added to the build. I moved pam-1.0.2 to php-5.2.6/ext and
ran 'configure' but that didn't seem to do the trick.

The search results I've found so far seem to focus on coding
standards for extensions, and how to create them etc. I'd really
love to find a doc that provides guidance on what do to get the
extension built into PHP.

Any suggested search keywords or URLs to known-suitable doc would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Update:

I was able to use pecl install pam-1.0.2 to get pam.so made and
placed into /usr/local/lib/extensions/...

I added pam.servicename to /usr/local/lib/php.ini, made the
appropriate edits to /etc/pam.d...

I restarted Apache...

I'm unable to see the extension function as a defined reference in
the PHP however:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pam_auth() in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/login.php on line 65

--
A fight starts when a man reaches the limits of his intelligence.

  • Upgrading to 60 question.
    ... <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0 ... <Parallel port bus> on ppc0 ... libmcrypt-2.5.7_1 Multi-cipher cryptographic library (used in PHP) ... p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1 Perl extension interface to James Clark's XML parser, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: openssl extension not loading (need to open https stream)
    ... you configured PHP?" ... I have also enabled the openssl extension and made sure it is ... in the extension folder. ... the apache module ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • ADODB PHP Extension Help
    ... I want to take advantage of the ease of porting that the ADODB PHP extensions will afford as I begin conversion of my old, ... I am using mysqli as my database connection. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ... dynamically loaded extension, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: HOWTO get extension into build ?
    ... I have the sources for PHP 5.2.6, and the source for PAM-1.0.2 pulled ... down from PECL. ... extension added to the build. ... from the RADIUS server so I think all the plumbing is correct. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Fatal error: Class HttpRequest not found
    ... I want to use extension php_http.dll but i cant succeed to do it. ... First i used easyPHP version 12, then i tried to install PHP and Appache as separate modules. ... Its like as if php_http extention does not work on my conf, i get this error when i use class HttpRequest. ...
    (comp.lang.php)