Re: How to start PHP

On Apr 19, 3:54 pm, Bart Friederichs <"bart apestaartje friesoft punt
nl"> wrote:
aru...@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Flamer for repling my post
i have "pacman " package-manage it shows me
"Targets (1): php-5.2.9-3"

Total Download Size:    8.68 MB
Total Installed Size:   24.12 MB

what do u think about this?.

Looks good, but you should be a little more experimenting, if you ever
want to learn PHP ;-).

Just install the thing. If you want to use it in a webapplication (I
assume you do, considering you experience with dynamic webpages), you
will also want a http server such as Apache.

The best way, btw, is getting help in an 'archlinux' group, or
mailinglist. They will be able to help you with the gory details of
installing the whole thing on your computer.

Good luck, and have fun!

Bart
--
Bart Blogt Beter: blog.friesoft.nl

Thnks Bart ;-)

  • Re: XP boot CD
    ... Do not buy a random XP cd expecting it to install on your system. ... XP disks come in different types depending on the sales channel. ... Image your drive before you start experimenting. ... Therefore you own the license. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: where do files go when you partition?
    ... i'm just experimenting with linux right now, so i wonder how much does a typical install need, and does it come with enough software that i won't need to install a lot of things? ... booting several of the Live CDs that are available. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Modifying java.class.path While JVM running
    ... While experimenting with System.getPropertyand System.setProperty, ... noticed that I can change properties, but those changes do not last once ... I'm working on an install program and, ... but it seems this added path is ignored by the JVM. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • netinst.iso - a "learning experience"- Part (-1) Gparted Live
    ... I've been experimenting with Linux install - varying options of various distributions. ... Between installs - "deleted" current Linux partition and went on with next experimental install. ... At one point an install created 2 partitions in the contiguous free space. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant connect mouse to my laptop, please help
    ... that) and connected it using a PS/2 to USB adapter. ...    USB to PS/2 adapters don't always work. ... and an install will not fix this. ... there may in fact be a driver problem a clean Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)