Re: Anyone using PSPad (vs NoteTab Pro)?

Geoff Muldoon wrote:
Chuck Anderson says...

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with using it and cares to comment ... or can recommend another free (or cheap) editor that has good editing features (macros, clips, tabbed interface ...), good mixed syntax highlighting, and is preferably easier to configure than PSPad. (I am having a hard time understanding some of the nuances of PSPad).

On Windoze?

Crimson Editor.

Free. Macros. Custom syntax highlighting. Inbuilt FTP client.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

GM

Been trying that one, too .. a little bit (upgraded to latest version from Emerald). Simpler. The custom highlighting is pretty basic and not on a per language or file extension basis.

Having really "taken it for a drive" yet, though.

--
Chuck Anderson . Boulder, CO