Re: Anyone using PSPad (vs NoteTab Pro)?

Geoff Muldoon wrote:
Chuck Anderson says...

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with using it and cares to comment ... or can recommend another free (or cheap) editor that has good editing features (macros, clips, tabbed interface ...), good mixed syntax highlighting, and is preferably easier to configure than PSPad. (I am having a hard time understanding some of the nuances of PSPad).

On Windoze?

Crimson Editor.

Free. Macros. Custom syntax highlighting. Inbuilt FTP client.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

GM

Been trying that one, too .. a little bit (upgraded to latest version from Emerald). Simpler. The custom highlighting is pretty basic and not on a per language or file extension basis.

Having really "taken it for a drive" yet, though.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson . Boulder, CO

  • Re: Anyone using PSPad (vs NoteTab Pro)?
    ... good editing features (macros, clips, tabbed interface ...), good mixed ... syntax highlighting, and is preferably easier to configure than PSPad. ... Crimson Editor. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Anyone using PSPad (vs NoteTab Pro)?
    ... or can recommend another free editor that has good editing features (macros, clips, tabbed interface ...), good mixed syntax highlighting, and is preferably easier to configure than PSPad. ... (I am having a hard time understanding some of the nuances of PSPad). ... Crimson Editor. ... Custom syntax highlighting. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: text editor suggestion?
    ... Flash Demo: http://scribes.sourceforge.net/snippets.htm ... light-weight text editor, not an IDE ... I also just started using Scite, and I really like it, except I find its ... syntax highlighting to be very inflexible. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Anyone using PSPad (vs NoteTab Pro)?
    ... syntax highlighting very well, even when there is a mix of Php, ... editor that has good editing features (macros, clips, tabbed ... time understanding some of the nuances of PSPad). ... While I have no experience with PSPad, my favorite editor is Vim, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Editor control with syntax highlighting
    ... Any recommendations please for syntax highlighting editors? ... And if it will also collapse code like the new Delphi editor does, ...