Re: Need help with simple script ?
- From: "Twayne" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 15:20:36 -0500
leepincat <guitarsandkeys@xxxxxxxxx> typed:
On Jan 6, 6:42 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 1/6/2011 9:05 PM, leepincat wrote:
A scripting person I'm not but, I imagine someone could
whip this kind of thing out
with little effort.
Here's the description:
1. Code must compile/run without errors
2. It takes arguments for: timeout, url,
3. The script performs an HTTP GET for the url
4. If the HTTP response code matches the
expected_response_code the script will exit with
status code 0
5. If the HTTP response code doesn't match exit with a
nonzero status code and print an error
6. If the HTTP GET either times out or fails in another
refused, etc.) retry until retry count is exhausted
7. If all retries are exhausted without a success,
print a message to STDERR and exit with a non-zero
Any help greatly appreciated - Donna
What have you tried so far?
We're not going to do your homework for you.
Remove the "x" from my email address
JDS Computer Training Corp.
==================- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
I wouldn't know where to begin!
pushing 60 years, can't recall the last time I had
"homework". Thanks anyway - Donna
Don't worry about Stuckle; he's an egotistic narcissist IMO.
That said, more directly stating your problems and showing the code you
can't get to work would go a long ways toward getting better responses. Ask
ten people and you'll get ten answers to that post, none of which may work
It IS common practice to not help when it looks like all the person wants is
for someone else to do the work for them.
- Prev by Date: Re: Need help with simple script ?
- Next by Date: Re: Need help with simple script ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Need help with simple script ?
- Next by thread: Re: Need help with simple script ?