Re: Including PHP scripts on same server

"jwcarlton" <jwcarlton@xxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje news:5f96a08e-f405-4008-b37e-1fef85b66ecf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why does it matter. If you're that concerned about speed of execution,
why are you using php in the first place? You should code your site in
C.

That's actually a very good question. If I were a better C programmer,
I probably would :-)

:-)

I am above anything else a C programmer. In fact, my first approach to web development was a set of C programs that ran as CGI.

It is fine if you host your own domain, but with many hosting providers, allowing your own binaries to run is some sort of anathema.

With most OSs, the most consuming operations in file handling are "opens", so, yes, it is likely that splitting a large file into several small units will add a significant overhead to your script's execution time.

But if one compares the development time required to navigate and maintain a large source file against the time required to open the specific file with the specific functions that you have to work with, it is likely that the overall life cycle of your program will improve by using simpler, smaller units.

"Overhead", with modern equipment and OSs, may be safely neglected except in the most critical applications.

  • Re: Timestamped mileposts for code speed optimization
    ... > This may apply to the threads about Delphi's weakness and also execution ... > It would be nice to have some kind of code analyzer, as Skybuck wanted, ... speed/efficiency etc which would require every programmer in the world to ... Currently I keep wondering if there is some sort of inefficiency in my ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Fritz 8: setup, tablebases & version
    ... I don't have any tablebases but set the path to ``bibblebibble'' and ... I really don't have any windows arround ... > There is/was no programmer arround in the windowed world, ... that controls the execution of the program but a DLL is just a library of ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)
  • Re: commercial c compilers vs free c compilers
    ... I meant execution speed, after all the end user cares about how well ... non-Intel chips. ... for a good programmer - and often it's the speed of the programmer that ... Even very good c code can be difficult to optimise in asm. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Delphis weakness remains/creates Delphis weakness.
    ... >> might not be known how many loops a for/while loop will take, ... > severely limited given that there is no way, short of actual execution, to ... but what do you do if you designed and programmer an algorithm and the ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: commercial c compilers vs free c compilers
    ... you seem to be quoting text from Stephen Sprunk's post up-thread. ... I meant execution speed, after all the end user cares about how well ... non-Intel chips. ... for a good programmer - and often it's the speed of the programmer that ...
    (comp.lang.c)