passing an array via GET and a hidden form element

From: Robb Kerr (rkerr_at_digitaliguana.com)
Date: 11/02/03

To: php-general@lists.php.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:38:43 -0600

I'm trying to pass a variable from a search page to the results page via
GET. The $MANUFACTURERS variable contains an array and is obtained from the
URL. I've tried the following to no avail...

<input name="manufacturer[]" type="hidden" multiple id="manufacturer[]"
value=<?php $manufacturer ?>>

<input name="manufacturer[]" type="hidden" multiple id="manufacturer[]"
value=<?php echo $manufacturer ?>>

<input name="manufacturer[]" type="hidden" multiple id="manufacturer[]"
value="<?php $manufacturer ?>">

<input name="manufacturer[]" type="hidden" multiple id="manufacturer[]"
value="$manufacturer">

<input name="manufacturer[]" type="hidden" multiple id="manufacturer[]"
value=$manufacturer>

Except for the last two entries, in the URL, the others all passed
"...&manufacturer%5B%5D=Array..."

When analyzing the variable on the results page, I wind up with
$manufacturer equaling an array with one element equaling "Array"...

Array ( [0] => Array )

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

--
Robb Kerr
Digital IGUANA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: best data structure for this application
    ... byte array, ... These 5 value  identify a chip. ... A manufacturer is actually a single byte code given to a factory. ... class have separate libraries LIB_00 to LIB_FF. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: passing variables to subsequent pages
    ... $MANUFACTURERS variable contains an array. ... value=<?php echo $manufacturer ?>> ... Except for the last two entries, ... Robb Kerr ...
    (php.general)
  • Accessing array data with Repeater
    ... I have a Repeater control that is databound to an array. ... Name, Price, Manufacturer, etc.). ... Sub BindToArray() ...