Re: [PHP] 500 server error

On Thu, May 31, 2007 2:10 pm, blueboy wrote:
my .htacces file only contains 2 lines

allowoverride all
php_flag display_errors on

I get a 500 server error, any ideas?

Check Apache error_log to be sure, and ask on Apache mailing list...

But I will point out that:

The purpose of AllowOverride in httpd.conf is to define what is
allowed to be over-ridden in .htaccess

If AllowOverride worked in .htaccess, then that gives the power to
decide what to override in .htaccess to the people who can edit
..htaccess.

That makes the whole purpose of AllowOverride moot, as now the end
user can override what they are allowed to override and then override
what they weren't supposed to be able to overrirde in the first place.

Thus, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and without actually reading
Apache docs, nor your error_log file, I will predict that
AllowOverride is not allowed within .htaccess :-)

PS
I don't think AllowOverride has any bearing on php_value or php_flag
at all... But maybe it needs to be set in httpd.conf to have +Options
or somesuch...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?

  • Re: Nimda + apache
    ... I think you'll find that the bit at the bottom of your apache .conf file was ... your Tomcat webapps directory. ... > AllowOverride None ... > deny from all ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • RE: Apache issue
    ... AllowOverride All ... Open Systems Technology - Information Technology Services ... Subject: Apache issue ... I've copied the configuration ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • server issues
    ... I am having a problem with my apache in freebsd. ... i set up two virtual hosts, ... AllowOverride None ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: htaccess + apache
    ... entering the ip's then restarting apache. ... file in the doc root that I can change. ... described in the Apache documentation for the Allow directive. ... See AllowOverride in the apache docs for more details. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [PHP] problem with register globals on new server
    ... I think it is quite possible for a sysAdmin to configure ... and .htaccess in such a way that "too much" latitude is granted to ... Presumably all the other combinations of AllowOverride are not there ... "some" performance loss, with the speed of today;'s PCs can this ...
    (php.general)