Re: [PHP] dynamic boxes problem... JS and PHP

Ryan S wrote:
Hey Pete,

**
First, you should reply to the list - that way more people could see the links you posted and help out.
**
Oops, my mistake, I thought I did that. Will add a snip at the bottom of this email.

**
It looks like there may be a problem with the form tags - when I look at this code I see
<form action="process_ecard1.php" method="post" name="mainform"></form>

That looks like you've closed your "mainform" before defining the inputs
**

can you tell me which line you see this? I did a search using that string on top and I couldnt find it... I even did a "form" search and still didnt find both of the form tags side by side..

Thanks again,

/// Snip of other mail with links ///
....but looks like posting links is the best option so will do:

http://www.coinpass.com/test/step2.php (to run the script)
http://www.coinpass.com/test/step2.phps (View the source, its just a html file really)
All Javascript and CSS is in the "http://www.coinpass.com/test/scripts/"; directory

The processing script just has
print_r($_REQUEST);
so its useless pointing you to the actual file source.

///// End snip///

Ryan,

You did reply to the list - it appeared in a separate thread in my viewer, so my bad.

OK, the version with <form ...></form> appeared when I used WebDeveloper toolbar to view the *generated* source.

When I look at the source code as received by Firefox (which is what the regular "View source" option does), the closing form-tag is where you expect.

i think I spotted a problem, however. Your original source code looks like it has a spurious <tr> after the first recipient block.

I think you need to really check the nesting of your tags - try indenting stuff to make the opening and closing tags line up and see if it gets out of line somewhere.

Your Javascript code also adds a spurious <tr> tag (line 17 of dynamic_no_of_recipients2.js)

This is not really anything to do with PHP, of course... :)

--
Peter Ford, Developer phone: 01580 893333 fax: 01580 893399
Justcroft International Ltd. www.justcroft.com

  • Re: source code analysis tools
    ... tool such that suppose I have a source code rared or zipped and in that I ... but some editors support Ctags: ... in source and header files of various programming languages. ... These tags allow definitions to be quickly and easily ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: ANN: Win a free license ModelMaker Code Explorer (prize draw extended)
    ... In the generated source code there are no tags. ... BTW: MM as shipped with D7 is noe considered ancient. ...
  • Re: Feedback before proposing a TIP...
    ... I am missing some functionality regarding tags from the text widget, ... - Show vertical lines to highlight the structure of the source code. ... tag option that sets the colour of such a line and another one that ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Unwanted tags in FrontPage HTML code
    ... To delete the tags, use Find and Replace. ... > Server reappear in the source code. ... > Does anyone know how to stop these unwanted tags appearing in the first ... > place and/or getting rid of them when they appear. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: tags removed from source code
    ... the "Generated source code" in my application. ... I know that closing tags for OPTION is optional, ... Because the first option has no closing ... <IE6 does not support OptionGroup ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)